Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Pet Peeves

Okay, since we haven't had any responses to what we've written so far, maybe this will get the ball rolling. If you're reading this, then chances are you've waited tables a day or two in your life. Anyone who has experienced this crazy thing we do to make a dime has developed a pet peeve. You know, that thing that customers do. The thing that grates your nerves and causes you to grit your teeth to keep from making some smart-ass comment to put them in their place.

Here are your instructions!! Look just below this entry. There's a line that says "comments (#)." Click on that and it will open up a window for you to get involved. It will be fun. Common. Try it. You'll like it.




One of my all time biggest pet peeves: When a man or woman walks in and requests a table for a large group. The hostess informs them that it will be just a minute while they pull together some tables. The hostess returns and seats the person at a multiple table 8+ top. I walk out and greet that one person at this very large table covered w/ rolls of silverware and surrounded by empty chairs. The first words out of their mouth: "I'm waiting for some more people."

How is it that I could look that stupid?

les

4 Comments:

At August 18, 2004 at 1:08 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Well hmm, I guess that my pet peeve would be when you have that one guy that decides to make your humiliation that much more humiliating - for instance the standing ovation I received from a "gentleman" guest after I bumped into a table causing all the glasses of water on my tray for the 10-top to bump against each other and subsequently fall to the ground, drenching me and a guest in the process. What made him feel it was okay to do that is beyond me - he wasn't even a part of the 10-top.

 
At August 18, 2004 at 8:48 PM, Blogger John O. Stewart said...

My Pet Peeve? When some customer looks at me and says, "I'm seat number 2". REALLY? Being a dumb waiter I would have never figured out that I'm the one who MADE YOU NUMBER 2!

Oh.. one more, when I go out to a table and say, "Hello, how are you today?" and they respond, "Tea".

 
At August 20, 2004 at 6:05 AM, Blogger lil asian said...

I may not be a server, but I still have to deal with all the snotty customers! I hate it when they can't order everything extra with their meal, and then you end up going back and forth between the kitchen and the table at least 3 times..

 
At October 5, 2009 at 3:15 PM, Blogger Waitress said...

I absolutely love how people change their mind like it's nothing. I ask if anyone else would like more soup and they say no. As soon as I come back with 1 soup, someone else wants another. Anyone else? no. When I come back with the second soup, someone else wants one. I just asked if you wanted more and you said no! Stop running me! Or when you ask if they want separate checks, and they either say yes and then give you one card for both, or say no and then give you two cards and ask you to split it. Make up your mind, I don't have all day!! check it out; www.watersoupandsalad.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home